Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

EDLD 5301- Week 2 Purpose/Significance of my Action Research Project

The purpose of your proposed action research study (in other words, answer: what you will research- you may identify more than one topic of interest)
The purpose of my proposed action research study would first of all be to identify the learning style of each of my students. By identifying their learning style I could find ways in which I can integrate technology into their style. I believe I would also need to research about particular technology, software, programs, applications that interest middle school students. Another area of interest for me would be to gather demographical data of each of my students to see how there is a correlation between this data and their grades. I am sure that along the way of my action research project I will come upon practical research that will guide my project forward.

The significance of your proposed action research study (please explain who will benefit in some way(s) from the information that your action research project will provide, and how they will benefit)

This action research project is most important because it will prepare our 7th graders for when they become 8th graders and have to fulfill the promotional requirements. We want our promotional rates to be as close to 100%, if not 100%, as possible. My goal is to use technology to engage these students in improving and motivating them to create better study habits in order to improve their grades. I will learn about new ideas, strategies, and techniques that will help me become a better teacher and prepare me for an administrative position. It is essential that I share my finding with my colleagues and that I am open to suggestions/concerns. By doing so, I will be exposing myself to new future inquiries. In addition, my action research project would be mostly significant to the students because they will be the ones benefitting the most, they will create life-long habits that will be with them throughout their education and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment