Quality Indicator 1
Context of Study: This quality indicator refers to the ability to provide complete information about the context in which the research took place. This may include but not be limited to information about the school, district, teachers, students, content, and curriculum. In my action research project this quality indicator will help me assess to what extent this work stimulated the thinking, learning, and motivation of my student’s context. It will also help me assess to what extent I stimulate my thinking about teaching and learning in my own context. (Dana text)
|
Quality Indicator 2
Wondering(s) and Purpose: This quality indicator refers that the principal-research needs to explain the root of their question(s)/wondering(s) in detail. The explanation makes a convincing case for the wondering’s. I began with my action research project because I have seen the need in creating, motivating, and improving my 7th graders study habits, and what better way than to engage them through the use of technology. The purpose of this would be to use their technological resources in creating this study habits that they will keep throughout the years. (Dana text)
|
Quality Indicator 3
Principal Research Design (Data Collection and Data Analysis): This quality indicator refers to the collection of data from multiple sources. Throughout my action research project I will collect and analyze data from various sources such as: tests scores, field notes, student work, journal entries, progress reports, report cards, etc. I have selected a wide range of students that vary from various skills and levels. I will also collect literature related to my topic as a form of data to help me through my action research project. (Dana text)
|
Quality Indicator 4
Principal-Research Learning: This quality indicator refers that the principal-researchers articulate clear, thoughtful statements about what they learned through the process, in other words this quality indicator includes a personal reflection. Each statement is supported, in detail by data. If relevant, data may also be included that did not appear to fit with what the principal claiming, with possible explanations for the discrepant data. Throughout my action research I would constantly reflect on what works and what doesn’t (the pros and the cons), I would use a journal, blogs, and peer discussions to record this information. By discussing, sharing, and reflecting my action plan with others, I would be able to make changes accordingly. (Dana text)
|
Quality Indicator 5
Implications for Practice: This quality indicator refers to the practitioner-researchers details of examples of change they have made or will consider making based on what they learned through their research. Change in practice flow logically from the researcher’s statements of learning. In addition, practitioner-researchers discuss wonderings that might be pursued in the future based on what was learned from their current research. While I take upon my action research project I will have a particular purpose, and/or focus, but as I work through my action research I might come upon other wonderings/questions that will lead me into future inquiries. My plan will help me stay focused in my ultimate goal, but the questions/wonderings throughout the way will guide and refine me objective. And in turn making a much more successful action research project. (Dana text)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment