This was my first experience working with E-Book Builder. I created a four page book about Shakespeare titled, "If You Give Shakespeare a Pen". I based my story on one of my favorite children's literature book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff. I liked the concept of the cause and effect that I followed in my E-Book, the web site (Book Builder) was somewhat user friendly for me. But I could foresee how my students (7th grade) would be confused because the process was a bit challenging at first. Once I began making my E-Book, it was great to be able to use the site in a creative way. I like that the site offers lots of choices for the layout and text. I specially liked that each text box or picture box has a reference for a source, it is important that students understand the concept of giving credit to the original source. Overall, I think I would use this E-Book Builder with my students to spark some interest in writing with the use of technology.
~Martha Martinez
Access to my E-Book here: "If You Give Shakespeare a Pen" by Martha Martinez
Site Reference: Cast UDL Book Builder http://bookbuilder.cast.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment