Week 1.1 Personal Digital Story Script
Overview
In this assignment, you will use editing software and digital photos to create a short (no more than two minutes long and only about 150 words) personal digital story. You should first write your script and then find graphics or digital photos to tell your story. The visuals are more important than words. The visuals tell your story for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer Garbage Digging with Cousins
We would set up the school in our own backyards. We would have small improvised tables and classrooms. We always had two classrooms, and of course a designated principal. Playing school with my cousins was always fun! Sometimes we played every day. We just all loved school- I guess!
Amazingly, because of those wonderful experiences and our creativity, my cousins and I were all influenced to follow a career in Education. Most of us, if not all of us, were the first generation of college students in our families to obtain a degree. Interestingly, our degrees are all tied to the Educational Field. It’s remarkable that we had our career goals set ever since we started our summer garbage diggings.
-Martha Martinez
Refelction on Digital Story:
I enjoyed creating my digital story because I used a new video software (Pinnacle
Studio Ultimate) that I had just bought for another project I had in mind. It
took me a while to get the justs of it, I had to go through the tutorials and
examples. But once I started my Digital Story, it all blended together nicely.
I really enjoyed working with this software, because it had many great tools to
produce home videos from still pictures or video frames. I still need to
practice with it some more, but I am sure that it has lots of potential. And
best of all I could get creative and innovative with it. I also felt that
making a digital story engaged me in the technology part, versus just the
written form of presenting a story. Overall, I would definitely have my students
create a digital story of themselves too.
No comments:
Post a Comment